Human Security Collective (HSC) is a foundation with a strong background in development, conflict transformation and security. We operate worldwide on issues of security and the involvement of citizens and their communities. We believe that the idea of human security provides an organizing frame for security action.
Issues we focus on include:
- promoting youth leadership in connection with de-radicalization and conflict transformation
- the countering of violent extremism (CVE)
- terrorism financing and the enabling environment for civil society
- civil–military approaches
- the nexus between security, development and human rights.
The organization is based in The Hague and maintains partnerships with civil society, academia and governments in the MENA-region, West-Africa, South and South-east Asia, Central Asia, Latin America, as well as Europe and the US. The Human Security Collective facilitates, in collaboration with the United Nations, dialogue processes between governments and civil society on security and CVE.